Tangerine Tango. Pantone named this hot red-orange hue its 2012 color of the year, and it's not hard to see why: This happy, rich shade instantly recharges a room and pairs well with dark, moody hues like blue-greens or indigo.
A sure-fire way to banish the winter doldrums? Reinvigorate your decor with pops of this season's trendiest colors.
1. Tangerine Tango. Pantone named this hot red-orange hue its 2012 color of the year, and it's not hard to see why: This happy, rich shade instantly recharges a room and pairs well with dark, moody hues like blue-greens or indigo.
2. Feel-Good Mustard Yellow. This smile-inducing shade is guaranteed to brighten your mood and your living space.
3. Juicy Cranberry. This rich hue will always look fresh.
4. Go for Gold. On the runway and in the home, gold is the newest go-to base color.
5. Glitzy Accessories. If you can't imagine covering all four walls with gold, try a metallic accessory or two.
6. Get a Fresh Start With Celadon. This year, look for watercolor-inspired hues. The move towards relaxing, watery colors is "driven by our desire to create calm spaces and relaxing retreats from the outside world," says trend forecaster Stacy Garcia.
7. Sodalite Blue. Pantone gave this nearly-black blue a spot on its list of colors to watch in 2012.
8. Grape. Pantone pinpointed a similar hue it's calling Bellflower in its spring 2012 fashion report.
9. Camel. "Gray is still an important neutral, but look to camel as the new emerging neutral of 2012," says Garcia.
10. Champagne Pink. This sweet, sophisticated shade is cropping up everywhere from table decor to modern living rooms.
11. Teal. Teal is a trendy color that's easy to love.
Courtesy Liz Gray on hgtv.com.