The Georgetown Historical Society announced its visitation schedule for the 1792 Old Court House, 10 S. Bedford St., Georgetown.

The Old Court House will be open from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays, May 5 through Labor Day, Sept. 3. Hours will likely be extended for Georgetown’s festivals including Return Day 2018, set for Nov. 8.

Georgetown’s first courthouse has Patty Cannon’s poison cache, as well as exhibits relating to the whipping post, which continued in the statute books of Delaware until repealed in 1971. Sussex County’s actual whipping post is located on the grounds of the court house, the post being the location of the county’s last whipping in 1950.

Tours are given by Georgetown Historical Society members, several of which are attired in period costume. Admission and tours are free.