Five Milford teenagers are facing a litany of criminal charges in

connection with a string of thefts, armed robberies and assaults

that were committed last month.

A 17-year-old boy was taken into custody Wednesday morning,

while 18-year-old John G. Harmon Jr., a second 17-year-old boy

and a 17-year-old girl were taken into custody without incident

at a home in the 200 block of South Washington Street on

Wednesday afternoon, according to Milford Police Department

spokesman Detective Dwight Young.

A 16-year-old boy also charged in the crime spree hid in the

South Washington Street home and refused to come out for about

two hours, which led police to shot down the roadway, he said.

Detectives have connected the teens to at least one burglary, two

armed robberies and an assault, all of which took place between

Sept. 22 and Sept. 30, Young said.

Those incidents include a burglary at a home in the 900 block

of Southeast Front Street on Sept. 22, the armed robbery of the

Valero/Shore Stop gas station in the 400 block of Bay Road on

Sept. 25, the armed robbery of a female victim at Memorial Park

on Sept. 27 and the assault of a man who was found unconscious

on the sidewalk in the 100 block of Southeast Third Street on

Sept. 30.

Each of the five teens is charged with first-degree robbery,

possession of a firearm during commission of a felony, wearing

a disguise during the commission of a felony, conspiracy and

tampering with evidence.

One of the 17-year-old boys also is charged with disorderly

conduct, while the other 17-year-old boy, the 17-year-old girl and

the 16-year-old boy also are facing an unauthorized use of a

credit charged.

The 16-year-old boy is additionally charged with resisting arrest,

burglary and theft.

Harmon was being held at the Sussex Correctional Institution in

Georgetown on a $59,000 cash bond, while all four juveniles were

being held at the Stevenson House Detention Center in Milford on

undisclosed cash bonds.

A sixth teen – a 17-year-old female who was not involved in the

crime spree -- also was present at the South Washington Street

home where four of the five teens were taken into custody.

She is charged with resisting arrest and was later released on an

unsecured bond, Young said.