This week’s suggestions include seeing “Rock of Ages” or another new movie, celebrating Bloomsday and celebrating Father’s Day. What are you planning to do this weekend? Are you taking your father anywhere special? Let us know!
1. The big movies this week are “Rock of Ages,” a PG-13 rock comedy starring Julianne Hough, Diego Boneta, Tom Cruise and Alec Baldwin; and “That's My Boy,” an R comedy starring Adam Sandler and Andy Samberg.
2. Saturday is Bloomsday, a holiday that has become a sort of St. Patrick’s Day 2, and many Irish pubs will be celebrating all weekend long. The holiday is based on James Joyce’s novel “Ulysses” and its main character, Leopold Bloom. If there aren’t any public gatherings planned, why not hold your own Irish fest?
3. Sunday is Father’s Day, so don’t forget to get Dad something special! If you can’t think of any gift ideas, take Dad out on his special day to do something he loves (e.g., a ballgame or hiking).
4. Game 3 of the NBA Finals is Sunday at 7 p.m. EDT on ABC. If you’re looking for other sports action, baseball has a full slate of games and the European Championship is all weekend.
5. Summer officially begins Wednesday, and if you haven’t made any summer-break plans yet, now is the time to do so. And if the weather is summery this weekend, why not go swimming or have a cookout?
GateHouse News Service