Weekly auto rail, with camping tips, Car Q&A with Junior Damato and more.
Tip of the Week
As campgrounds become less crowded and the weather cools down, fall conditions can make for some of the more pleasant outdoors experiences. And let's not forget it's also hunting season. Before you head out, take a look at this checklist to ensure you and your belongings remain warm and dry:
- Bring more clothes than you'll think you'll need.
- Concentrate on keeping your hands, feet and head warm.
- Make sure you have enough wood, and scout out places to buy firewood before you head out.
- If you plan on camping, make sure you have a properly rated sleeping bag.
- A storage device, such as a truck bed cover that keeps your gear secure and protected from the elements can provide the ideal storage solution.
According to a study in England, here is what your car color says about your personality:
Black: Aggressive, rebel
Silver: Cool, calm
Blue: Introspective, reflective
White: Status seekers, gregarious
Did You Know
The new CEO of General Motors pledged to pay back taxpayers but said it will take several years to do so.
Q: I own a 2001 VW Passat. The problem is the power windows, A/C and sunroof do not work. Do you have any suggestions?
A: The first step is a check of all fuses not only to see if they’re good, but also check for power on both sides of the fuses. The technician will need to look at a wiring diagram and simply follow the wires in the circuit. He can look in Alldata.com or identifix.com for help and information.
- Junior Damato, Talking Cars columnist
GateHouse News Service