Democrat for 30th District Representative
Each candidate was asked to respond to three questions.
1. What are the top issues you will address in your campaign and what are your plans for moving those issues forward?
1. Safety and security in schools by instituting armed constables in every school.
2. Establishment of local medical, mental and shelter services for veterans by converting existing facilities for veteran use.
3. Improving the financial security of senior citizens by working to eliminate school taxation on seniors.
2. What makes you uniquely qualified for the political office you seek?
I have spent the majority of my working life in public service. I have experienced firsthand the various struggles many citizens have to overcome on a daily basis. I have experience in dealing with the drug addicted, impoverished, homeless, elderly and abused. As a minority I have experienced discrimination and rejection and have utilized my experiences and gained knowledge to mentor others. Throughout my several careers I have served in both leadership and administrative roles gaining valuable experience that I can utilize to better serve the constituency of the 30th district.
3. What community groups are you involved with and in what capacity?
I am a 19 year member at Crossroad Christian Church serving where called upon to serve. I am a 5 year member of the American Legion and a longtime member of the United States Trotting Association.
Profession/employment: Law Enforcement: Delaware State Police Retired, Air Force Retired, Employed with Wyoming Police
# of years employed: 25+ years with DSP, 24 years Air Force, 2 .5 years with Wyoming P.D.
Education: Graduated Caesar Rodney H.S., B.A. Economics and Business Administration with Political Science minor from Ursinus College.
Political experience: First public office sought