Damage is estimated at about $40,000

The Delaware State Fire Marshal’s Office has determined a manufactured home fire that occurred about 9:12 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 11, was accidental.

The fire was in a mobile home at 81 McKinley Circle in the Magnolia Crossing neighborhood, Chief Deputy State Fire Marshal B. Scott Bullock said.

The Magnolia and Camden-Wyoming fire companies responded to the call, along with Kent County paramedics and arrived with heavy fire conditions coming from the home.

Firefighters placed the blaze under control at about 10 a.m. No one was home, and there were no injuries to the firefighters, Bullock said.

Fire marshals have pinpointed an electrical failure in a portable space heater inside a bedroom as the cause of the blaze.

The Red Cross of Delmarva is assisting the occupants of the home, including three children. Damage estimates were set at about $40,000.