|
Milford Beacon
  • Milford family of four displaced after small electrical fire

  • A family of four was displaced from their Milford home on Saturday following a small electrical fire in their Charles Street residence.
    • email print
  • A family of four was displaced from their Milford home on Saturday following a small electrical fire in their Charles Street residence.
    A press release sent by the American Red Cross Delmarva Region said the organization is providing a family of two adults and two children a place to stay, as well as food, after they were displaced from their home on March 8.
    According to Carlilse Fire Company spokesman Ryan Knowles, the incident was the result of a small fire in the ceiling, sparked by electrical wiring. Knowles said the family, which rents the residence, was displaced because the City of Milford had to pull the electric meter because crews couldn’t isolate the breaker connected to the faulty wiring.
    No further information regarding the incident was available.
      • calendar