The Sussex County Habitat for Humanity Restore Truck will collect donations for housing projects at Bayhealth Milford Memorial on Sept. 16.
The truck will be at the main entrance from 8 a.m. to noon, at 21 W. Clarke Ave., Milford. Bayhealth, Beebe Medical Center, and Nanticoke Health Services have joined together through the Healthier Sussex County initiative to participate with Sussex County Habitat for Humanity on two house build projects currently underway in Georgetown/
Items are acceptable for donations include:
• Guaranteed working appliances that are 10 years old or younger (all stoves, wall ovens and refrigerators must have their final cleaning).
• Guaranteed working HVAC units, compressors, dishwashers, hot water heaters, coffee makers and blenders that are five years old or younger (hot water tanks must be completely drained for pick-up service).
• Cabinets in very good condition with hardware and their doors.
• All interior and exterior door slabs or pre-hung that are in excellent condition.
• Double-hung and casement windows (wood frame windows must be in excellent condition
to be accepted. Window sashes cannot be accepted).
• All left over new flooring that is boxed and in perfect condition.
• Used flooring that has not been damaged.
• Rolls of linoleum.
• Gently used carpet and area rugs (must be stain-free, rolled and sized).
• Gently used upholstered furniture (with no tears, stains or animal hair).
• Wood furniture.
• Metal bed frames.
• Two-piece china cabinets.
For more information: sussexcountyhabitat.org.