Milford man charged with strangling, assaulting womanA 26-year-old Milford man is facing criminal charges after allegedly striking and choking a woman last week.
A 26-year-old Milford man is facing criminal charges after allegedly striking and choking a woman last week.
Alvaro Lopez reportedly was involved in a verbal dispute with the 27-year-old female victim at a home in the 500 block of Northeast Front Street on Feb. 27 that became violent.
Milford Police Department spokesman Detective Dwight Young said Lopez struck the woman in the lip and grabbed her arms before attempting to strangle her.
The woman later refused medical treatment, despite suffering scrapes and bruises, Young said.
Lopez is charged with strangulation and third-degree assault.
He is being held at the Sussex Correctional Institution in default of a $6,000 cash bond.