Delaware Emergency Management Agency list ways to help Sandy victims in New York and New Jersey.
Here are some suggestions:
- Do not send donations of old clothing. Emergency officials are not equipped to launder, sort, warehouse, or distribute such items.
- Cash donations are needed. Necessary items can be purchased locally or regionally and distributed to people in need.
- Donations to the American Red Cross, Goodwill Industries or Salvation Army can be made online.
- Companies wishing to make donations to New York should go to www.governor.ny.gov and click on the box "Companies Looking to Make Donations to Sandy victims.
- Those wanting to assist victims in New Jersey can make donations to the New Jersey Relief Fund. Click on SandyNJReliefFund.org to make online donations via a credit card. Checks can also be mailed to New Jersey Relief Fund, P.O. Box 95, Mendham, N.J. 07945-0095.